As the operators of the CongressBookers website, CongressBookers Ltd registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 08914449 and having its registered office address at 14 Hillside Gardens, Highgate, London, N65ST, UK ("We", "Us", “Company”, "CongressBookers") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy ("Policy") relates to services provided through our website ("Services") and represents the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to Us will be processed by Us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how CongressBookers will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), from the GDPR implementation date or, until GDPR implementation date, the Data Protection Act 1998 (collectively the "Data Protection Laws"):
- in respect of the personal data of customers who request accommodation (or other Services offered by Us), CongressBookers shall process personal information as a data processor on behalf of its Customers, to assist with their booking processes.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the congressbookers.com website (“Website”). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, subscribing to our Newsletter Services or submitting any other type of Request through our website.
- Details of all actions that you carry out through the Website and of the provision of services to you. Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to our site and the resources that you access.
The provision of your full name and e-mail address, your employer and/or your place of work and the medical field that you work or you are interested in is required from you when you register to use our Website.
Information we collect from other sources
From time to time we also obtain personal data from other sources as follows:
- Names and contact details of individual contacts or prospective Customers from public sources, such as social networks, company websites and other online sources.
Uses made of your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between our Customer and Us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you or our Customer.
- To notify you about changes to our Services and provide you with information that is relevant to your use of the Service or for marketing purposes.
- Any personal information you provide to us will not be sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of CongressBookers
- We must pass the information (you provide to us such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as wholesalers, airlines, hotels, transport companies etc. Usually your tour operator or other principal will pass this information onto their suppliers once we have provided it to them. The tour operator or other principal's use of your information is subject to their policy, both in respect of your booking and any future marketing, and is their responsibility. Please ask either us or them for a copy of this if you would like to see it.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions and other agreements, but we will endeavor to minimize such disclosure to only that reasonably necessary and, where possible, to provide you with notice of such disclosure;
How we store your personal data
- We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorized way, for the duration of your use of our Services. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features in order to prevent unauthorized access.
Keeping your personal data up to date:
- If your personal details change you may update them by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will endeavor to update your personal data within thirty (30) days of any new or updated personal data being provided to Us, in order to ensure that the personal data We hold about you is as accurate and up to date.
Where we store your personal data:
- The data that We collect from you and process as a result of your use of the Website may be transferred to, and stored by CongressBookers's hosting service provider on servers in the EU.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- If you would like further information please contact Us (see ‘Contact’ form).
How long we keep your personal data:
- We will hold all the data for so long as we have an obligation to the Customer to provide the Services, and thereafter until such time as we delete the Customer’s account
- Your personal information will be deleted in the occurrence of a written request by you (or another person engaged by the Customer) to us.
How to complain:
- We hope that We can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
- The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
IP Addresses and cookies:
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, customer support and to collect aggregate information for internal reporting purposes.